|Age:||14 - 22|
|Nation-State:||United States of America|
|Hometown:||Beverly Hills, California|
|Family and Friends|
|Relatives:||Norman (cousin), Unnamed nephew|
|Friends:||Samantha, Alexandra, Britney|
|Nemesis:||Mandy, Dominique, Caitlin, Mindy, Geraldine Husk, Gelee, Diminutive Smalls|
|Personality and Ability|
|Personality:||Fashionable, impulsive, flirtatious|
|Love interests:||David, Dean, Blaine, Kyle Katz|
|Favorite food:||Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Semi-vegetarian, Vegan, poppy seed muffin|
Beverly Hills High student (Seasons 1-4)
Malibu University (Seasons 4-6) student
Mali-U Cafe employee (Seasons 4-6)
|Behind the Scene|
|First appearance:||A Thing For Musicians|
|Voiced by:||Andrea Baker|
|Voiced by:||Fily Keita|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personality
- 3 Physical Appearance
- 4 Friends
- 5 Enemies
- 6 Romantic interests
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
Clover was born to Stella and inherited the spy gene. This gene was the reason for her unknowingly monitored by Jerry during childhood. She had exhibited her talent in espionage at an early age, mostly in stealth. Clover was eventually transferred to Beverly Hills High at the start of her freshman year, something she didn't mind because of its fashion sense.
Clover attended Beverly Hills High School in Beverly Hills, California, along with Sam and Alex. Unlike Sam, Clover's academic performance was generally not stellar. In the episode "Queen for a Day", Alex mentioned that Clover got a D in her astronomy class. Clover also revealed in the episode "Alex Gets Schooled" that her grades were "mostly A's and B's", along with a C in metal shop, suggesting that her academic performance seemed to improve. In the episode "Mime Your Own Business", Clover once downloaded one of her English essays off the internet.
In the episode "Spy Soccer", Clover mentioned that she is a part of the Fashion Victims Club, an organization that "provides charitable donations in the form of trendy clothes to the stylistically challenged".
In the episode "Evil Bouquets Are Sooo Passe", Clover got extremely jealous when Sam dated her ex-boyfriend Fernando, despite the fact they broke up two years ago. Hinting he may of been her first love or first serious boyfriend as they only separated due to him moving away. This episode showed Clover's trait of jealousy, despite this she shows great gratitude when Sam dumped Fernando to avoid hurting her feelings; revealing she was genuinely heart broken and not just being bitter, although it can be admitted she was at the start of the episode.
In the episode "Halloween", Clover was shown to be the second most mature after Samantha. As Alex was whining to go trick or treating, edging Chucky on to misbehave, although Alex seems better with children than Samantha or Clover. So it could be assumed their maturity is in age older, Clover being in the middle.
At Malibu University it is speculated that Clover is doing well or at least passing because she has completed one semester of school. At one point, she tells her friends, "You're looking at the master of the last-minute study sesh!", meaning that like a lot of college students, she tends to cram.
Of the 3, Clover's the one who acts like the most typical teenage girl—obsessed with fashion, boys, and her appearance. Ironically, when it comes to bad guys, she's usually the one who's transformed in some way, be it becoming a bodybuilder, a sumo, or even a human catgirl. She was even dressed in a royal dress by a villain who wanted a consort to rule the world alongside him. Even though Clover tends to be more focused on materialistic and superficial substances than on her missions, she does understand the importance of friendship and teamwork.
Clover is the most girly and flirtatious of the main group. She is known to have had an abundance of boyfriends and will do anything to get a guy. In almost all the episodes, while she is on a mission, she is always talking about a guy she wants to date or talking about an outfit she's going to wear on a date. This is strange, because during elementary school, she was always bullied by her classmates and mainly by one boy, because they regarded her as being particularly easy to trick, as we are told in the episode "Spies vs. Spies". The initial B-story of part 3 of the episode "Evil Promotion Much?" had her struggling to find a date for her debutante party, as she had dated every single boy in the city. Her love of boys can almost (if not entirely) be matched by her love of fashion and beauty.
Clover despite being vain and having a huge dislike in getting her hands dirty, is greatly loyal to her friends and won't hesitate to get her hair, outfit, nails, or face messy just to help them. In "Matchmaker" Clover put herself on dating hiatus after her former lover Chris bought them tickets to watch a monster truck rally on their "3 day anniversary". Because of this hiatus she was able to save the Beverly High's Valentines dance. She also managed to avoid Eugene Snit's dating booth and successfully humiliated him by exposing the gadget he used to change to any girls ideal form causing the girls to break up with him and his later arrest.
Clover is the most intimately knowledgeable of her friends about pop culture topics, especially topics having to do with attractive male celebrities. She has been known to use questionable methods to obtain such information, but nothing truly illegal. She is also rather determined in this regard, as this is what attracts her to a dark knight who chose her as his queen, but she ultimately turned him down when she discovered that he was a male chauvinist.
Being a stereotypical "American teenage girl", as well as being a native of Los Angeles, California (as revealed in "Evil Promotion Much?"), Clover speaks with a strong valley girl accent by saying things like "totally", and adding the word "like" and "much?". Some episode names are a play on her accent.
Clover is a tall, athletic, slender, beautiful and attractive girl with white skin, blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and a trendy fashion style. Her hairstyle is a fluffy, personalized bob cut that she calls a coif bob in "Totally Switched Again", which has the rear and sides are flared out while the front bangs, called a mop, come out over the left side of her face and flips when her shakes horizontally.
Clover's style in the Season 1-2 was mostly capris and pants. Later in Seasons 3-5, she wore more skirts and dresses and incorporated more high heels. Most of her bathing suits are bikinis, with the exception of "The Getaway" where she wears a white one-piece bathing suit with a red towel. In "The Eraser" she wears an orange bikini.
Her primary outfit in Season 1 is a red long sleeved loose collared button-up shirt which shows her front belly, pink pants and red heeled boots, some of her primary outfit has been altered as her long sleeves became short sleeves and her boots became heels.
In "Stuck in the Middle Ages with You" The color of her primary outfit from her button-up shirt and pants was pink and light green with a belt as her addition and her boots are replaced with brown heels. In Matchmaker during the science class inside the lab, Clover retains this outfit but her button-up shirt is darker, her belt is blue and her pants revert back to the original pink. But in "Zooney World", her outfit remains the same only her belt changed to dark pink and her pants changed to blue and her heels are light pink. In "Malled" the color is now replacing cyan and orange as the pants she wears has a three blue flowery design in each sides of her leg and her heels remain brown. But in "Super Nerd Much?" the color of both of her outfit and heels changed into a different shades of pink and she accessorizes with a hairclip at the left side of her hair and a matching pink bracelet on her left wrist.
In "Black Widows", "Matchmaker", "Stark Raving Mad", "Feng Shui Is Like Sooo Passe", and "Head Shrinker Much?"; Clover is seen wearing a long sleeved v-neck shirt in different shades of pink as the sleeves of her shirt reach through her elbows, magenta colored cargo jeans and pink sneakers with yellow linings attached. She also wears a pink watch on her left wrist. The shirt that Clover wears resembles Diana Lombard's shirt from her primary outfit in the cartoon series Martin Mystery.
In "Another Evil Boyfriend" Clover wears a light pink sleeveless top with a pink trim and a matching straps along with two ribbons in each sides and the sign "1" on the center of her top which is dark pink, a matching dark pink denim skirt with a ripped design at the edge of her skirt and white warrior flats. In "Evil Sorority and "Totally Mystery Much?" The outfit she wears previously has been slight altered and change color from pink to a different shades of purple; her sleeveless top is no longer have ribbons and design, her denim skirt is replaced with denim shorts with a black belt and her warrior flats are replaced with a matching cowboy boots.
In Season 6 during the end of ”Clowning Around!” and the two part finale of “So Totally Versailles!“ Clover wears a dark pink short sleeved button dress with a light blue belt to her waist and a matching brown heeled sandals.
In Season 6's 2 part finale “So Totally Versailles!” Clover wears her disguised form is a different shades of hot pink and white long sleeved dress as her hair and face transformed into a classic styled look as her hair is extended in a classic bun with Victorian Era styled ringlets.
Alex is one of Clover's closest friends. She helps her out whenever she needs her.
Sam is one of Clover's closest friends. Sam does get annoyed with Clover sometimes, but they usually become friends again at the end of the episode.
Clover respects Jerry in a easy way, however she would do what he says. She doesn't think Jerry isn't fun enough but loves to help out on many missions.
Clover has take a liking to Britney, because a reason of being a cheerleader makes her happy of it. However, she became frustrated at Britney when Jerry assigned her to WOOHP Australia to Blaine much to Clover's envy and disdain.
Mandy is Clover's primary enemy. The two girls have apparently hated each other ever since they first met, according to a comment Sam made in "Attack of the 50 Foot Mandy". In "Totally Spies! The Movie" Mandy instantly went on the offensive and attacked Clover, Sam, and Alex. However, in the series Clover is the target of Mandy's worst actions. In "Malled", Mandy attempted to frame Clover for shoplifting even though Sam was the person who made the verbal counterattack.
Caitlin is Alex's rival, although Clover has very little interaction with either of Mandy's two best friends. The majority of her interaction with Caitlin only happens when Mandy is present. The most interaction Clover ever had with Caitlin was in the Season 4 finale, "Totally Busted".
Dominique is Sam's rival, although Clover has very little interaction with either of Mandy's two best friends. The majority of her interaction with Dominique only happens when Mandy is present. The most interaction Clover ever had with Dominique was in the Season 4 finale, "Totally Busted".
Whenever she made an appearance in Season 5, she was always with Mandy, and she annoys the spies generally the same way her cousin does, as Mindy's essentially just a blonde clone of Mandy.
Clover seems to like a variety of different males - some with tanned or white skin, and others with blond, brown, or black hair. The only traits common to all of them include the following: the fact that they are usually taller than Clover, considered attractive, and have a certain "quirk" about them. However, the male villains that she encounters take love and attraction a step further, they want to make her their queen. She has thus been made queen by 3 villains so far.
While not really a romantic interest, the Black Knight selected her to be his queen in "Stuck in the Middle Ages with You", apparently liking her fiery personality. He even comments on how lovely she looks in her dress before acting condescending with her right afterwards. However, he would not have treated her like a queen (with love, kindness, consideration, and respect), and given her any power to rule with him, as he states that his ideal queen was "all about obedience". Unfortunately, she did not return any affection to him and she ended up arresting him.
Blaine was Clover's boyfriend from Season 5, though they later broke up before Season 6 and becomes her second ex-boyfriend after Fernando in post Season 6. Prior to the break-up, he was sent to Australia and they agreed to keep seeing each other. In the episode where Britney was sent to Australia to be Blaine's partner, Clover was angered when Britney got a romantic crush on Blaine from seeing his picture. In the end of Baddies on a Blimp, Clover wants to date with him but he had enough dating girls in L.A. after previously dated Mandy as the last girl from L.A. making Clover had enough dating with her ex-boyfriends.
Dean is the only boy who can resist Clover's flirting. Like Alex and Sam, Clover still holds romantic interest in Dean even into season 5.
Gelee is another example of someone who was attracted to Clover but not someone she herself was attracted to. In "The Iceman Cometh" Gelee stated that Clover would be the perfect "Ice Queen", based purely on her beauty. He even created a throne for her to sit on. He was obsessed with chess, and challenged Clover to many games with him. However, Clover was easily bored with the game and helped defeat him.
Clover fell for him in, "The Suavest Spy". Even sharing a dance with him at the ball. Kyle is also one of the few guys who are intellectual Clover has fallen for.
In "Evil Bouquets Are Sooo Passe", it was revealed he was Clover's ex boyfriend from two years ago. (During this episode.) They only split up due to him moving away and Clover quickly began crushing on him again, even being hurt when Sam started to date him. It is heavily hinted he was her first serious boyfriend.
Clover had a massive crush on Tad and flirted with him constantly in "Totally Spies! The Movie", suggesting how he was cool and attractive. Although Tad never said anything on the matter; he seemed pleased with Clover's interest in him. However after his betrayal, Clover quickly got over him and even stated how "lame" he was.
Just like with her experiences with the Black Knight and Gelee, Clover was selected to be the queen of a villain; this instance it was Salty Schooner, a archetypical pirate bent on taking the WOOHPtanic and using it to rule the seven seas. After seeing her in her pirate chic clothing, he falls in love with her and captures her. When she is taken aboard his vessel, he tries to woo her and later proposes marriage to her, planning on making her his wife and pirate queen, but she refuses and defeats him in single sword combat before WOOHP arrests him and his crew.
- Pam -- Clover
- Color on Edison’s catsuit -- Red
- Eye color -- Blue Green (Pam) / Blue (Clover)
- Hair color -- Blond
- Hair length -- long (Pam) / short (Clover)
- Pam -- Clover
- Clover’s grade history.
- In “Queen for a Day” she gets a D in her astronomy class.
- In “Alex Gets Schooled” she gets A's, B's, and a C in metal shop.
- In “Spies in Space” the principal makes a negative remark about Clover’s scores.
- In "Evil Graduation" she graduates from Beverly Hills High.
- In "Inferior Designer!" she gets an A on her fashion design class midterm project.
- Villains with vendettas against Clover.
- Villains who selected her to be their queen.
- Clover speaks fluent Valleyspeak and the surf culture language.
- Clover can do the following:
- She identifies the designer water liquid H2-Ego by taste. This is similar to a sommelier's wine tasting ability. (“Ho-ho-ho-no!”)
- Play the guitar ("A Thing For Musicians")
- Swim team ("Physics 101 Much?")
- Dance ("Scam Camp Much?", "The Suavest Spy")
- Ride horses ("Stuck in the Middle Ages with You")
- Artwork, as seen in "Nine Lives" and "Totally Spies! The Movie". She drew various spy outfits, even one based off Sailor Moon and designed the girls Catsuits.
- Clover mocks/questions the villain’s clothing/fashion.
- Clover's disdain for soccer is seen in:
- Clover's favorite foods:
- While Clover claims to be a vegetarian ("Here Comes the Sun", "Space Much?", "Spies on the Farm"), her love of fish and seafood makes her a pescetarian (so technically she is a semi-vegetarian). She seems to like vegan foods as well.
- In "The Suavest Spy", it is revealed Clover's favorite muffin is poppy seed.
- In "Morphing Is Sooo 1987", it is revealed Clover snacks while reading/studying.
- Clover keeps a supply of backup Gadgets.
- In "Morphing Is Sooo 1987" it is revealed Clover kept a gadget on hand.
- In "Evil Roommate" and "The Incredible Bulk", Clover seems to enjoy surfing since she signed up for surfing class.
- Clover is controlling and exploitive of others when given a position of power. This was shown with Tara and Randy.
- Her favorite shoe designer is Yves Mont Blanc.
- Her lucky color in "Baddies on a Blimp" is red.
- Her shoe size in "Totally Spies! The Movie" is a 6 1/2. Her clothing size is a 6.
- Clover is taller than Alexandra. In "A Spy is Born I" she wants to pose undercover as Amber Stone but is told she is too tall for the part and Alex is instead given the job.
- In "Another Evil Boyfriend", while Blaine was doing research on Clover after being sent to execute her, he stated that her favorite mall was The Groove and her favorite eatery was the Veg-Out.
- In "Zero to Hero" it is stated that her nephew has a Humungo Man action figure (meaning that she also has an older sibling, possibly a brother).
- Despite being almost as athletic as Alex, she's often the most kidnapped, to the extent where Jerry once commented after Alex mentioned Clover was kidnapped that "That's the second time this month". ("Model Citizens")
- Additionally, Clover is also the overall most victimized of the spies, as not only she was kidnapped the most, but she got also ill-treated by the villains very frequently in one way or another, such as being brainwashed and being transformed horribly.
- In "The Iceman Cometh" Clover gets sick and gets a cold/fever from the lower temperatures.
- In "A Spy is Born II", Clover says she attends pilates class.
- In "Evil Valentine's Day" and "Evil Shoe Designer", it is shown that Clover does not speak French.
- In "Mime Your Own Business", Clover reveals she once downloaded one of her English essays off the internet.
- In "Spy Soccer", Clover mentions that she is a part of the Fashion Victims Club, an organization that "provides charitable donations in the form of trendy clothes to the stylistically challenged".
- In "Space Much?" she reveals she used Lady Luna's advice on romance.
- In "Evil Promotion Much?" it is revealed that Clover attracted the attention of WOOHP when she was secretly taking photos of boys as a kid.
- In "Futureshock!", it is revealed that Clover is a cheerleader for Beverly Hills High.
- In "Spies on the Farm" Clover reveals that she won the Beverly Hills High School "Cheerleader of the Year" award.
- In "Evil Ice Cream Man Much? she states that she listens to the Smoochie Platypus band.
- In "The Fugitives" she says she will not use sea foam nail polish.
- In "The Granny", it is revealed that Clover's phone number is 818-3877.
- In "Return of Geraldine" she reveals that she can not drive a manual transmission.
- In "Totally Busted", Clover reveals that she did not know that Beverly Hills had a hardware store.
- In "The Iceman Cometh" we learn that Clover crowned herself Little Miss Sunshine in second grade.
- In "It's How You Play the Game", it is shown that Clover is allergic to daffodils.
- In "Matchmaker" she reveals she has a handbag closet, something Alex and Sam did not know.
- In "Another Evil Boyfriend" it is revealed that Clover's third favorite movie is "10 Things I Love About You But Still Want To Change".
- In the first episode of Season 5, Sam and Alex said she had the largest wardrobe rotation at Beverly Hills High, and in the episode "Virtual Stranger", she claims to have the most "stylin'" wardrobe at Malibu University.
- In "Zooney World", Clover was shown reading manga.
- In "Spies on the Farm" we learn she won the "Cheerleader of the year" award.
- In "Virtual Stranger", she says she has an identical sweater to one of Britney's sweaters.
- In "Boy Bands Will Be Boy Bands ", Clover says she has a kitten.
- She works with Alex and Sam at the Mali-U Cafe at Malibu University.
- Clover's father was mentioned in "Evil G.L.A.D.I.S. Much?" and "Evil Valentine's Day".
- Clover is frequently being physically changed by villains, such as being transformed into a humanoid elephant ("Freaky Circus Much?") and cat ("Wild Style").
- Clover's favorite color is pink despite her signature color being red.
- Clover is the only spy to have a catsuit that is does not match her eye color, as Samantha's catsuit matches her eye color (green), and Alexandra's eyes and catsuit are somewhat matching. The contrast between Clover's catsuit and eye color helps draw out the latter.
- Clover often says "Rude much?" whenever she encounters an unpleasant situation, which seems to be a catchphrase for her in the show.
- Clover is shown to be ticklish in "Freaky Circus Much?"
- Clover is the middle one in birth order (Sam-Clover-Alex).
- In "Evil Jerry" and "The Incredible Bulk", Clover has worn the same dress from "Totally Spies! The Movie".