Forward to the Past is episode 6 of Season 3.
A shopping spree is cancelled due to crazed electronics thieves who disappear in a red and purple portal. The girls go back in history to the 1970's, where they meet some familiar people. In the B-story, Clover gets into hypersonic dating.
- Expandable Cable Bungee Belt
- Mini Nuclear Mood Ring
- Several alternate history gadgets by Jerry
- Stick Pin Homing Device
- Time Machine
- Clover mocks/questions the villian’s clothing/fashion.
- This episode shows that WOOHP was founded in 1975.
- The alternate WOOHP is the World Organization of Harming People.
- Same blonde girl
- "Forward to the Past"
- "Mani-Maniac Much?"
- The title is an inversion of "Back to the Future".
- There is a skit and a compilation album by comedy troupe “The Firesign Theatre” titled ”Forward Into The Past”.
- This is the first appearance of Mandy's mother, Phoebe, who is revealed to be a Beverly Hills High alumnus. She is also shown to be a hippie in this episode.
- Clover's hypersonic dating limits the questions to only a few per person.
- Alex did not know how the pre-inline skates were designed.
- Gus makes a reference to the song Kung Fu Fighting.
- This is one of the few episodes Sam, Clover, and Alex do not get WOOHPed.
- Their catsuits during their fight with Boogie Gus is based on classic 1970's disco.
- The girls changed their hairstyles when they switch their catsuits to the disco styles: Sam wears a pale green headband and a light green choker, Clover's fluffy medium bob has been layered into a wavy look, and Alex's bob has been layered in a messier look.
- Jerry's hair in his younger appearance was red similar to his twin brother, Terrence Lewis.
- The disco soundtrack used through episode sounds similar to the 1980's song Disco Inferno by The Trammps.
- Alex makes a reference to the song Get Down Tonight.
- Clover provides the ending video in this episode.
- Goof: When Sam's Compowder says WOOHP is missing it spells WOOHP "WHOOP".
- Goof: When Phoebe hands the girls a magazine Clover isn't wearing any lipstick.
- Goof: When the girls are watching Boogie Gus and 1970's Jerry in the warehouse there is a brief moment where Alex's glasses are gone.
- Goof: When Alex shows 70's Jerry the picture of the WOOHP New Years Eve party the rim of the heart on Alex's belt is colored yellow instead of white.
- Goof: Clover mentions that there are no mobile phones and personal computers in the 1970's. Personal computers were available for office workers in the 1970's and the first mobile telephone call was made on April 3, 1973 by Martin Cooper.