Pageant Problems is episode 5 of Season 6.
When there's a break-in at the WOOHP Experimental Lab, Sam, Clover, and Alex investigate and discover that a top-secret, age-reducing serum has been stolen! What's more, the girls find an odd clue on the lab's floor: a diamond-encrusted tiara with a strand of red hair attached to it. And when Jerry does a scan on the clue, he discovers something quite unusual; it belongs to a woman named Bertha Bombshell who was his girlfriend many, many years ago! What the spies eventually realize is that Bertha is an aging pageant queen bent on recapturing her former glory and beauty. The only problem is, ever since she broke into WOOHP, stole the serum, and administered it to herself, Bertha's now experiencing all sorts of side effects that make her determined to not only destroy the latest pageant she's entered, but the spies as well!
In the B-story, Sam is faced with a tough assignment in journalism class.
- Binocular Sunglasses
- Hot and Spicy Gum
- Sugar Free
- Jetpack Backpack
- Sonic Boombox Missile
- Ultimate Energy Harpoon
- Waterspray Jet
- Pen Recorder Hologram
- Titanium Hair Clip
- Web Sling Ring
- Malibu University has:
- Advanced Shoe Theory
- Animal Grooming
- Journalism class
- Jerry Lewis's lack of ability to devise original names for WOOHP related things.
- References to the spy genre.
- ”Computer Creep Much?” -- 1 of the posters in the cyber cafe says “Spy Raider”, a reference to “Lara Croft: Tomb Raider”.
- ”Evil Promotion Much?” -- Appearance of Lara Croft as the holographic trainer.
- Geraldine Husk’s clothing and behaviour resembles the villains seen in 1960’s spy films.
- Ian Flemish -- His name is a reference to Ian Fleming. The creator of James Bond.
- ”Pageant Problems” -- The laser security system resembles the laser fight seen in “Die Another Day”.
- ”Starstruck” -- The soap opera ”Days of Our Spies” is a reference to the soap opera ”Days of our Lives”.
- ”The Elevator” -- 1 of the film posters is for “009”, a reference to James Bond’s Double 00 number.
- ”The Eraser” -- The underwater base is similiar to the base seen in “The Spy Who Loved Me”.
- ”Totally Dunzo” -- The bikini Lewis wears in the flashback is a reference to Halle Berry’s bikini in the James Bond movie “Die Another Day”.
- Similiar laser security systems are also seen in:
- Bertha Bombshell's fighting style is similar to:
- The young Jerry's hair is changed from red to blonde.
- "I Hate The Eighties"
- "Pageant Problems"
- Sam wears the same white dress.
- ”Pageant Problems”
- ”The Suavest Spy”
- Clover wears the same red dress.
- ”Attack of the 50 Foot Mandy”
- ”Pageant Problems”
- Bertha's anger over losing a pageant is similar to Adrian Veidt's defeat from Eddie Blake.
- The Web Sling Ring is a reference to Spider-Man.
- The pageant host did not notice that Samantha and Alexandra did not reveal what nation-states they were from.
- The pageant host is a parody of Donald Trump.
- 2 of the people seen at Monte Carlo are look-alike to Milan Stilton ("Evil Heiress Much?") and a person in "Evil Airlines Much?".
- Jerry once lived in Liverpool, England.